Readers ask: What To Pack For Bali Holiday?
- 1 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 2 What clothes to wear in Bali?
- 3 Is food in Bali expensive?
- 4 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 5 What is illegal in Bali?
- 6 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 7 What do girls wear in Bali?
- 8 What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
- 9 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 10 How much is a Coke in Bali?
- 11 How do you greet someone in Bali?
- 12 Is it customary to tip in Bali?
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
What clothes to wear in Bali?
Bali Dress Code Remember to bring items that fall below the knee, whether it be capris, lounge pants, or midi or maxi skirts, especially when you are visiting a temple. A pair of cropped pants in a lightweight cotton blend is a good substitute, giving off a classy, relaxed vibe.
Is food in Bali expensive?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.
What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
How much is a Coke in Bali?
Soft Drinks such as coke, sprite (Average USD 0.7-1.5 bottle ) Beer (Average USD 2-4 per bottle)
How do you greet someone in Bali?
It is common to just say “Halo” or “Hi” to greet people. It is also common to greet someone by saying “how are you?” which translates as “Apa kabar?” Other commonly used greetings will depend on what time of day it is. Good morning translates as “Selamat pagi.” Good afternoon is “Selamat siang.”
Is it customary to tip in Bali?
While tipping in Bali is considered to be a western concept, and not mandatory, it is generally appreciated by the service staff. In most restaurants tipping between 5-20% is generally what we opt for.