Readers ask: What Food Can You Take Into Bali?
- 1 What Cannot bring into Bali?
- 2 Can you take food into Indonesia?
- 3 Can you bring fruits to Bali?
- 4 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 5 What prescription drugs are banned in Bali?
- 6 What can’t you take into Indonesia?
- 7 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 8 How much cash can I take into Indonesia?
- 9 Which fruits grow in Bali?
- 10 How much is fruit in Bali?
- 11 What are 5 types of fruit that are grown in Indonesia?
- 12 How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
- 13 How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
- 14 Is Indonesia a duty free country?
What Cannot bring into Bali?
Some endangered flora such as: quinine. Goods categorized as prohibited and restricted goods such as:
- Explosive Materials.
- Fire-arm and Ammunition.
- fire works.
- Defined Books and Printed Materials.
- Audio and/or Visual Recording Media.
- Telecommunication Equipment.
Can you take food into Indonesia?
You’ll be fine. There’s no need to mention anything on your customs declaration card, which you will get onboard to fill in and need to hand over after picking up your luggage. What you bring in is all processed food (not fresh) and sealed in its original packaging.
Can you bring fruits to Bali?
Yes, you can bring them in, but do declare that you are doing so and no, there won’t be a tax. We have often brought in various foods, including cheese.. No tax just a fine if you don’t declare. But no, like anywhere in the world you cannot take fresh fresh fruit, vegetables, meat or dairy products.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
What prescription drugs are banned in Bali?
SLEEPING PILLS AND OTHER MEDICATION As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali.
What can’t you take into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You should plan to spend around Rp736,641 ($52) per day on your vacation in Indonesia, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp192,873 ($14) on meals for one day and Rp94,778 ($6.65) on local transportation.
How much cash can I take into Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
Which fruits grow in Bali?
Most Popular Balinese Fruits
- Snake/Snakeskin Fruit.
- Java plum.
- Orange and yellow coconut.
How much is fruit in Bali?
Bali prices Prices of fruit on average 0,70 USD = 10 000 IDR per kilogram.
What are 5 types of fruit that are grown in Indonesia?
Tropical Fruits of Indonesia
- Tropical fruit selection.
- Familiar produce at a local supermarket in Jakarta.
- Mangosteen (Manggis)
- Snake fruit (Salak)
- Rose apple (Jambu air)
- Soursop (Sirsak)
- Passionfruit (Markisa)
How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
There’s a maximum limit of 1 litre in effect in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines. Vietnam and Singapore are slightly more generous with a 3-litre limit, while Japan has a highly precise maximum of three 760ml bottles.
How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
Is Indonesia a duty free country?
Indonesia duty free The following goods may be imported into Indonesia by travellers over 18 years of age without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 100g of tobacco. 1L of alcoholic beverages. Gifts up to a value of US$250 per person or US$1,000 per family.