Readers ask: What Alcohol Can I Take Into Bali?
- 1 How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
- 2 Can I put alcohol in my checked baggage?
- 3 Will alcohol be banned in Bali?
- 4 How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
- 5 Can I buy duty free alcohol on arrival in Bali?
- 6 How do I pack alcohol in my suitcase?
- 7 How can I hide alcohol in my suitcase?
- 8 Can I pack vodka in my checked luggage?
- 9 Can I drink alcohol in Bali?
- 10 What is banned in Bali?
- 11 How much is alcohol in Bali?
- 12 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 13 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
- 14 Is Indonesia a duty free country?
How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
There’s a maximum limit of 1 litre in effect in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines. Vietnam and Singapore are slightly more generous with a 3-litre limit, while Japan has a highly precise maximum of three 760ml bottles.
Can I put alcohol in my checked baggage?
Checked Bags: Yes Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol are limited in checked bags to 5 liters (1.3 gallons) per passenger and must be in unopened retail packaging. Alcoholic beverages with 24% alcohol or less are not subject to limitations in checked bags.
Will alcohol be banned in Bali?
Under the proposed new laws, alcohol would be banned across the country. It would mean distributing alcohol is punishable with 10 years in prison and consuming alcohol is punishable with three years in prison, according to the Post. Bali would be further decimated by the ban on alcohol.
How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
Can I buy duty free alcohol on arrival in Bali?
Is Bali Duty Free Alcohol Cheaper? Duty Free Alcohol when entering Bali or Indonesia is limited to the 1 Litre of Spirits & Liqueurs, Champagne, Sparkling, wine or other alcoholic beverages per person. If you have a 1.25L bottle you can normally get away with this as well.
How do I pack alcohol in my suitcase?
Here’s the best way to do it.
- Start with a soft layer of clothes. When you are ready to pack, gather your clothes and begin with a soft layer for the bottom of the suitcase.
- Roll your booze in bubble or foam wrap.
- Roll it up a second time.
- Nestle your bundle carefully.
- Finish with a soft layer of clothes.
How can I hide alcohol in my suitcase?
How to Pack Liquor in your Luggage
- Mini-bottles go in your shoes.
- Wrap your bottles in a plastic bag.
- Pack Your Suitcase Mostly Full.
- Pad the Suitcase.
- Wrap the bottles in pants or sweaters.
- Put a barrier between bottles.
- Pack around the sides.
- Room for More.
Can I pack vodka in my checked luggage?
Yes. Per the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), travelers can bring alcohol — liquor or otherwise — as long as the bottles are unopened and placed in a sealed bag. While alcohol can’t exceed 70 percent (140 proof) in checked luggage, the TSA doesn’t state a proof-limit for carry-on booze.
Can I drink alcohol in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
How much is alcohol in Bali?
Alcohol in Bali Island is quite expensive. A small can of beer: in a store – 19,000 Rp ($1,35) in a bar or a nightclub – 25,000 Rp ($1,8)
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
Is Indonesia a duty free country?
Indonesia duty free The following goods may be imported into Indonesia by travellers over 18 years of age without incurring customs duty: 200 cigarettes or 25 cigars or 100g of tobacco. 1L of alcoholic beverages. Gifts up to a value of US$250 per person or US$1,000 per family.