Readers ask: How Long Is The Boat Ride From Bali To Gili?
- 1 How long is ferry from Bali to Gili?
- 2 Can you get a boat from Bali to Gili Islands?
- 3 How do you get to Gili Trawangan from Bali?
- 4 What is the cheapest way to get to Gili Islands from Bali?
- 5 How much is the fast boat from Bali to Gili?
- 6 How much is a boat from Bali to Gili Islands?
- 7 Can you do a day trip to Gili Islands from Bali?
- 8 Which one is the best Gili island?
- 9 Is Gili Trawangan in Bali?
- 10 Is Gili Trawangan expensive?
- 11 How many days do you need in Gili Trawangan?
- 12 Can you fly to Gili Trawangan?
- 13 How much does it cost to get from Bali to Gili Islands?
- 14 Are Gili Islands safe?
- 15 Is Lombok cheaper than Bali?
How long is ferry from Bali to Gili?
Ferries from Bali to the Gili Islands typically take around 1,5-2 hours from the main harbour in Padang Bai and the cheapest tickets sell for around $20-$25 for a single trip.
Can you get a boat from Bali to Gili Islands?
Getting a fast boat from Bali to the Gili Islands is the most straightforward option. The boats leave from a few different areas in Bali, and depending on which company you choose, can take you to Gili Air, Gili Trawangan or Lombok mainland. Our favourite fast boat company is Blue Water Express.
How do you get to Gili Trawangan from Bali?
From Bali to Gili
- Flying: Cost US$70 travel time 5 hours.
- Flying deluxe: Cost US$85 travel time 4 1/2 hrs.
- Fast boat to Gili Trawangan: Cost $50 travel time 3hrs.
- Backpacker budget: Cost $20 travel time 11hrs.
- International Flights: Lombok from Singapore & KL.
- Lombok airport Transfers: To & from Lombok airport.
What is the cheapest way to get to Gili Islands from Bali?
By far the cheapest way of getting to the Gilis is with the Public Ferry. This daily service starts with a shuttle bus from Kuta, Bali, which passes through many pick-up points on the way to Padang Bai.
How much is the fast boat from Bali to Gili?
The price of a ticket is approximately US$52 (700,000rps) one way and US$100 (1,350,000rps) return per person (subject to exchange rate flutuations). This price includes hotel transfers from most hotels in South Bali.
How much is a boat from Bali to Gili Islands?
Board the ferry at Kuta and enjoy the scenic views as you are transported to the Gili islands. The journey costs INR 2530 (IDR 5,04,789) and takes around 1.5 hours to complete.
Can you do a day trip to Gili Islands from Bali?
No the Gilis are not a day trip at all. They are not even off the coast of Bali, they are off the coast of Lombok, the next island over. Boat companies say it takes an hour to get there.
Which one is the best Gili island?
Gili Air is the best Gili Island for honeymoons, family trips, and travelers who want to escape the madness of Gili Trawangan but need more action than in Gili Meno. On this island, you’ll find more restaurants than in Meno and even some cocktail bars.
Is Gili Trawangan in Bali?
The Gili Islands are three islands off the coast of Lombok, east of the island of Bali. The Gilis are comprised of Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air. “Gili” literally translates to “island”.
Is Gili Trawangan expensive?
A vacation to Gili Trawangan for one week usually costs around Rp3,242,287 for one person. So, a trip to Gili Trawangan for two people costs around Rp6,484,574 for one week. A trip for two weeks for two people costs Rp12,969,148 in Gili Trawangan.
How many days do you need in Gili Trawangan?
We recommend starting with at least 3 nights and giving yourself a little leeway in your plans to add more days on. After all just about everyone who goes to Gili Trawangan ends up extending their stay by at least a day or two.
Can you fly to Gili Trawangan?
No, you can not fly to the Gili Islands from Bali as there is no airport on any of the Gili Islands. The islands are basically too small to fit an airstrip, let alone an airport on. The closest airport to the Gili Islands is Lombok International Airport (LOP).
How much does it cost to get from Bali to Gili Islands?
Bali to The Gili Islands Price On average, prices range from as low as $25 USD for low budget ferry operators and up to $45 USD for high class ferry operators for one way trips.
Are Gili Islands safe?
None of us have ever felt unsafe on the Gili islands. The Gilis are absolutely safe for solo female travellers! An important fact to note is that the three Gili islands are INCREDIBLY small. Even the biggest of the three, Gili Trawangan, houses only 1500 people.
Is Lombok cheaper than Bali?
Cost: Flights to Bali are generally cheaper than those to Lombok. Flights to Lombok can start from $107 each way, though direct flights are very limited.