Question: What To Wear In Bali Guys?
- 1 What should men pack for Bali?
- 2 What do I need to pack for Bali?
- 3 What should men wear in Indonesia?
- 4 What do you wear to temples in Bali?
- 5 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 6 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 7 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 8 Are taxis expensive in Bali?
- 9 What should I wear on a plane to Bali?
- 10 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 11 What should you not wear in Indonesia?
- 12 What can’t you take into Indonesia?
- 13 What is illegal in Bali?
- 14 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 15 What do girls wear in Bali?
What should men pack for Bali?
Bali Packing Essentials
- 3 Short sleeve tops.
- 3 Pair of shorts or skirts.
- 1 Pair of sandals (make them hiking style and they can be your only shoes, unless you’re going dancing!)
- 4 Pair of underwear.
- 1 Nice dress or collared shirt.
- 1 Swimsuit.
- 1 Light jacket.
- 1 Daypack for day trips and adventures.
What do I need to pack for Bali?
Consider waiting until you arrive in Bali to purchase some of these common items:
- Sarongs (for sun protection and some Hindu temples require men to wear one to enter)
- Beach bags.
- Swimsuits / beach cover-ups.
- Evening and sundresses.
- Flip-flops / sandals.
- Handmade jewelry.
What should men wear in Indonesia?
Indonesian men generally wore sarongs (usually with a checkered pattern) in the home. In public, the sarong is worn only when attending Friday prayers at the mosque. For formal national occasions, the men wear batik shirts with trousers or teluk beskap, a combination of the Javanese jacket and sarong.
What do you wear to temples in Bali?
Dress and Act Modestly Both men and women should wear clothes past the knee and shoulders covered. A long sarong (kain kamben ) and a temple scarf worn around the waist are mandatory temple attire. There is no need to buy a new sarong, the one you take to the beach will do.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
Are taxis expensive in Bali?
How much is the taxi fare in Bali? The basic fee is IDR7,000.00, the kilometer price is IDR6,600.00. For standing and waiting time, IDR42,500.00 is charged per hour.
What should I wear on a plane to Bali?
- Nikes or All-stars (breathable shoes!)
- Stretchy pants or sweat pants.
- Comfy tee (for instance, the Take me to Bali teeto get into the Bali mood, hihi;)
- Oversized sweater or hoodie.
- Extra scarf or sarong cause it’s usually cold in the plane.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
What should you not wear in Indonesia?
Our advice is to avoid wearing revealing clothes as a mark of respect to the country’s predominantly Muslim values. A long skirt or pants with a loose cotton shirt with sleeves would all work well and will protect you from the sun. At such times, we’d recommend you wear a kaftan or sarong at the least.
What can’t you take into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What is illegal in Bali?
Bali’s drug laws are very strict and should not be trifled with. Indonesian Law No. 35/2009 lays down harsh penalties for drug users caught with Group 1 drugs like marijuana, heroin, and cocaine. You can get life imprisonment for possession or the death penalty if you’ve been convicted of trafficking in drugs.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
What do girls wear in Bali?
Wear a shirt that covers your arms and shoulders. Men and women should also wear a kain, or sarong – a scarf that is wrapped around your waist, like a skirt.