Often asked: What Food Can I Take To Bali From Australia?
- 1 What Cannot bring into Bali?
- 2 Can you take food into Indonesia?
- 3 Can you bring fruits to Bali?
- 4 Is the food in Bali safe?
- 5 What prescription drugs are banned in Bali?
- 6 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 7 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 8 What can’t you take into Indonesia?
- 9 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 10 How much is fruit in Bali?
- 11 Which fruits grow in Bali?
- 12 What food grows in Bali?
- 13 Can I brush my teeth with tap water in Bali?
- 14 Is Bali expensive to eat?
What Cannot bring into Bali?
Some endangered flora such as: quinine. Goods categorized as prohibited and restricted goods such as:
- Explosive Materials.
- Fire-arm and Ammunition.
- fire works.
- Defined Books and Printed Materials.
- Audio and/or Visual Recording Media.
- Telecommunication Equipment.
Can you take food into Indonesia?
You’ll be fine. There’s no need to mention anything on your customs declaration card, which you will get onboard to fill in and need to hand over after picking up your luggage. What you bring in is all processed food (not fresh) and sealed in its original packaging.
Can you bring fruits to Bali?
Yes, you can bring them in, but do declare that you are doing so and no, there won’t be a tax. We have often brought in various foods, including cheese.. No tax just a fine if you don’t declare. But no, like anywhere in the world you cannot take fresh fresh fruit, vegetables, meat or dairy products.
Is the food in Bali safe?
Bali is a developing country and the water supply is not fit for human consumption. The warm tropical, humid weather means bacteria on food can grow at much faster rates in Bali than in most parts of Australia. Some cooks in Indonesia may not be educated or have the equipment needed for safe food handling practice.
What prescription drugs are banned in Bali?
SLEEPING PILLS AND OTHER MEDICATION As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You should plan to spend around Rp736,641 ($52) per day on your vacation in Indonesia, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp192,873 ($14) on meals for one day and Rp94,778 ($6.65) on local transportation.
What can’t you take into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
How much is fruit in Bali?
Bali prices Prices of fruit on average 0,70 USD = 10 000 IDR per kilogram.
Which fruits grow in Bali?
Most Popular Balinese Fruits
- Snake/Snakeskin Fruit.
- Java plum.
- Orange and yellow coconut.
What food grows in Bali?
The most important crop is wet-rice and much of the culture and myths have developed around rice as the important social force. Rice is after all their main food. The picture shows some typical rice terraces. They rotate rice with cash crops such as peanuts, soya beans, chili peppers, tapioca and corn.
Can I brush my teeth with tap water in Bali?
Please, for your safety, use only bottled water to brush your teeth and to rinse your brush afterwards. Also, do not swallow any water while showering. The quality of water is not consistent throughout the island and you can quickly become very ill by ingesting the unpurified water.
Is Bali expensive to eat?
Food in Bali can be very cheap if you know where to eat. Local food is very inexpensive, and a meal from a warung (Bali street food spots) will typically cost you no more than a dollar or two. If you’re craving Western food you can expect to pay more, with prices at Western restaurants usually starting at around $5.