Often asked: How To Carry Money In Bali?
- 1 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 2 Should I take cash to Bali?
- 3 Which currency is accepted in Bali?
- 4 How do you use money in Bali?
- 5 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 6 Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
- 7 Can I use my debit card in Bali?
- 8 Does US dollar go far in Bali?
- 9 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 10 How much is a Coke in Bali?
- 11 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 12 Is Bali expensive to visit?
- 13 How much does a meal cost in Bali?
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Should I take cash to Bali?
Cash is still an important form of payment in Bali. So make sure you carry enough with you to pay for your small shopping, transportation and food & drinks. The 100,000 bills are only useful if you intend to buy a high-priced item or spend a lot of money at the same place.
Which currency is accepted in Bali?
Local currency The national currency is the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR). The current available money circulating in Bali consists of denominations of IDR 500 to IDR 100,000 (€5.9) in the form of banknotes and IDR 25 to IDR 1,000 (€0.1) in the form of coins.
How do you use money in Bali?
Best place to exchange currency in Bali
- Once you reach Bali, the first thing you would go for before making any transaction is to exchange your currency that you are carrying to Indonesian Rupiah.
- You can withdraw Indonesian Rupiah by using debit or credit card from ATM in Bali.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
Food in Bali can be very cheap if you know where to eat. Local food is very inexpensive, and a meal from a warung (Bali street food spots) will typically cost you no more than a dollar or two. If you’re craving Western food you can expect to pay more, with prices at Western restaurants usually starting at around $5.
Can I use my debit card in Bali?
Yes MasterCard debit cards can be used in Bali. Apparently most ATM’s are MasterCard preferred in Bali. They have Commowealth Bank branches and ATM’s in Bali.
Does US dollar go far in Bali?
American, Canadian, European and Australian tourists will be pleased to know that your dollars and euros will go a long way in Bali.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
How much is a Coke in Bali?
Soft Drinks such as coke, sprite (Average USD 0.7-1.5 bottle ) Beer (Average USD 2-4 per bottle)
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you don’t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
How much does a meal cost in Bali?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.