Often asked: How Much Money Can I Take Into Bali?
- 1 Can you take money into Bali?
- 2 How much cash can I bring into Indonesia?
- 3 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 4 Should you exchange money before going to Bali?
- 5 Can I use my debit card in Bali?
- 6 How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
- 7 What is the best currency to take to Indonesia?
- 8 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 9 Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
- 10 What should I avoid in Bali?
- 11 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 12 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 13 Do I need cash in Bali?
- 14 How much is a meal in Bali?
Can you take money into Bali?
The currency in Bali is the Indonesian rupiah. You’ll see it written as IDR and it’s the only currency accepted in shops and restaurants. Some larger hotels may accept US dollars and euros, but will generally charge you extra for the privilege.
How much cash can I bring into Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Should you exchange money before going to Bali?
We usually recommend waiting until you arrive in Bali to get your rupiah. Money changers in Bali can and will exchange all major currencies. Traveller’s Cheques can be exchanged at most money changers but the rate of exchange will be slightly lower.
Can I use my debit card in Bali?
Yes MasterCard debit cards can be used in Bali. Apparently most ATM’s are MasterCard preferred in Bali. They have Commowealth Bank branches and ATM’s in Bali.
How much money do you need per day in Indonesia?
You should plan to spend around Rp736,641 ($52) per day on your vacation in Indonesia, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, Rp192,873 ($14) on meals for one day and Rp94,778 ($6.65) on local transportation.
What is the best currency to take to Indonesia?
It’s best to bring large-denomination banknotes for exchanging into Indonesian Rupiah at one of the many money changers found all over Bali, but mainly in the tourist destinations of Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Canggu, Ubud, Sanur and Nusa Dua.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
Is food and drink expensive in Bali?
Food in Bali can be very cheap if you know where to eat. Local food is very inexpensive, and a meal from a warung (Bali street food spots) will typically cost you no more than a dollar or two. If you’re craving Western food you can expect to pay more, with prices at Western restaurants usually starting at around $5.
What should I avoid in Bali?
13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali
- 13 Big mistakes to avoid in Bali.
- 1 – Wearing a cross body bag.
- 2 – Having anything on show in the monkey forest.
- 3 – Trusting the weather apps.
- 4 – Visiting popular waterfalls like Tegenungen in the middle of the day.
- 5 – Staying in Kuta.
- 6 – Not venturing out of the southern part of Bali.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
Do I need cash in Bali?
Cash is still an important form of payment in Bali. So make sure you carry enough with you to pay for your small shopping, transportation and food & drinks. The 100,000 bills are only useful if you intend to buy a high-priced item or spend a lot of money at the same place.
How much is a meal in Bali?
While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.