FAQ: What To Buy In Bali 2016?
- 1 What should you not buy in Bali?
- 2 What do tourists buy in Bali?
- 3 Is stuff in Bali cheap?
- 4 What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
- 5 What should I avoid in Indonesia?
- 6 Are clothes cheap to buy in Bali?
- 7 What clothes to wear in Bali?
- 8 What is special in Bali?
- 9 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 10 Why you shouldn’t visit Bali?
- 11 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 12 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 13 Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
- 14 How much do you tip in Bali?
What should you not buy in Bali?
10 Stupid Things People Buy in Bali
- Wooden phalluses.
- Nasty bumper stickers.
- Bintang singlets.
- Counterfeit designer gear.
- String or bead bracelets.
- Airbrushed surf paintings and decorative mini surfboards.
- Luwak or civet cat-poop coffee.
- Bornean blowpipes and bow and arrows.
What do tourists buy in Bali?
What to Buy in Bali?
- Jewellery. Source. Silverware is one of the best things to buy in all of Bali.
- Chocolates and Coffee. Source.
- Fragrances. Source.
- Bags. Source.
- Handicrafts. Source.
- Streetwear. Source.
- Beachwear. Source.
- Clothing. Source.
Is stuff in Bali cheap?
Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. Basically, the most expensive thing you will need to buy is a ticket to get to Bali.
What are the do’s and don’ts in Bali?
DON’T: Touch People’s Heads Touching people’s heads is a big no-no and one practice you should always remember in Bali. The Balinese believe that the head is the most sacred part of the body. As such, an action like ruffling a child’s hair – even if in a playful manner – is considered highly impolite.
What should I avoid in Indonesia?
11 Things You Should Never, Ever Do in Indonesia
- Never joke about race, religion, and ethnicity.
- Never underestimate how spicy a meal can be.
- Do not drink alcohol or play card games in public places.
- Do not drink tap water.
- Don’t do drugs.
- Don’t forget to say thank you.
- Don’t disrupt the wildlife.
- Don’t ignore local customs.
Are clothes cheap to buy in Bali?
Bali is Famous for… Even the most exclusive high end products will be considerably cheaper than what you would pay anywhere else, and particularly in Europe, Australia, Korea, Japan. Silver work, handicraft, art work and paintings, fashion & clothes, furniture and deco items, natural soaps and essences, coffee, cloth….
What clothes to wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
What is special in Bali?
What is Bali Most Famous For?
- Tanah Lot Temple.
- Uluwatu Temple.
- Besakih Temple.
- Tegallalang Rice Terraces.
- Ubud Monkey Forest.
- Ubud Art Market.
- Bali Safari and Marine Park.
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
Why you shouldn’t visit Bali?
You shouldn’t visit Bali for a sense of safety Although the people of Bali are generally very kind and accommodating to travellers, Bali is probably not a place where you’ll feel safe and secure as a foreign traveller. This goes without saying, but don’t try to smuggle drugs into Bali.
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t touch a Balinese person (or child) on their head. The head is considered a sacred part of the body. Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house.
Can unmarried couples go to Bali?
Is it safe for an unmarried couple to visit the island? The answer is yes. As foreigners, there should never be anything to worry about when visiting Bali. The only thing you have to remember is to respect their norms at all times.
How much do you tip in Bali?
TIPPING IN BALI In most restaurants tipping between 5-20% is generally what we opt for. That said, there is no standard amount for other services in Bali such as hired drivers and guides, housekeepers and staff in your accommodation, or a porter who takes care of your belongings.