FAQ: What Foods Can I Take Into Bali?
- 1 What Cannot bring into Bali?
- 2 Can you bring fruits to Bali?
- 3 What food can you take to Indonesia?
- 4 Can you bring cheese Indonesia?
- 5 What prescription drugs are banned in Bali?
- 6 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 7 Which fruits grow in Bali?
- 8 How much is fruit in Bali?
- 9 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 10 What do Indonesians like to drink?
- 11 What can’t you take into Indonesia?
- 12 What is the famous food of Indonesia?
- 13 Can I bring wine to Indonesia?
- 14 How much cash can I take into Indonesia?
- 15 How many cigarettes can I bring to Indonesia?
What Cannot bring into Bali?
Some endangered flora such as: quinine. Goods categorized as prohibited and restricted goods such as:
- Explosive Materials.
- Fire-arm and Ammunition.
- fire works.
- Defined Books and Printed Materials.
- Audio and/or Visual Recording Media.
- Telecommunication Equipment.
Can you bring fruits to Bali?
Yes, you can bring them in, but do declare that you are doing so and no, there won’t be a tax. We have often brought in various foods, including cheese.. No tax just a fine if you don’t declare. But no, like anywhere in the world you cannot take fresh fresh fruit, vegetables, meat or dairy products.
What food can you take to Indonesia?
40 Indonesian foods we can’t live without
- Sambal. While technically more of a condiment, the chili-based sauce known as sambal is a staple at all Indonesian tables.
- Satay. These tasty meat skewers cook up over coals so hot they need fans to waft the smoke away.
- Nasi goreng.
- Nasi uduk.
- Nasi padang.
Can you bring cheese Indonesia?
You’ll be fine. There’s no need to mention anything on your customs declaration card, which you will get onboard to fill in and need to hand over after picking up your luggage. What you bring in is all processed food (not fresh) and sealed in its original packaging.
What prescription drugs are banned in Bali?
SLEEPING PILLS AND OTHER MEDICATION As well as sleeping pills, Australian prescription medication including strong painkillers containing codeine and medication for ADHD are among those banned from Bali.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
Which fruits grow in Bali?
Most Popular Balinese Fruits
- Snake/Snakeskin Fruit.
- Java plum.
- Orange and yellow coconut.
How much is fruit in Bali?
Bali prices Prices of fruit on average 0,70 USD = 10 000 IDR per kilogram.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
What do Indonesians like to drink?
10 Local Drinks All Indonesians Love
- Fresh bajigur.
- Traditional Jamu maker.
- Luwak coffee.
- Warm wedang ronde.
- Young coconut ice on the beach.
What can’t you take into Indonesia?
Indonesia Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Animal skins.
- Any materials printed or otherwise that are anti-Muslim in nature or that promote communism.
- Checks in all forms (blank stock, travelers cheques, payroll, cashier)
- Coffee and Coffee Samples.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cotton seeds.
What is the famous food of Indonesia?
Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) is considered Indonesia’s national dish. This dish originated from Padang, Sumatra. Padang food is famous for its spicyness and richness in flavor. You definitely have to try Beef Rendang.
Can I bring wine to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
How much cash can I take into Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
How many cigarettes can I bring to Indonesia?
Indonesia customs Tobacco products (no limitations for diplomats): 50 cigars or 200 cigarettes or 100 grammes of tobacco; 1 litre of liquor; A reasonable quantity of perfume; Personal goods up to a value of USD 250.