FAQ: What Currency For Bali?
- 1 What is the best currency to use in Bali?
- 2 What is the Bali currency called?
- 3 How much cash should I carry to Bali?
- 4 Can I use my Visa debit card in Bali?
- 5 Is $100 a lot in Bali?
- 6 Is Bali expensive to visit?
- 7 Why is Bali so cheap?
- 8 How do I wire money to Indonesia?
- 9 What can you buy with Indonesian Rupiah?
- 10 How much is a Coke in Bali?
- 11 Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
- 12 How much does a meal cost in Bali?
What is the best currency to use in Bali?
Better to take hard currency and change when you arrive. Pounds are acceptable, as are euros, but US or Australian dollars are better regarded and generally secure the best rates.
What is the Bali currency called?
The Rupiah comes in notes of 1000, meaning you will most often be dealing with amounts of 10,000 on your travels in Bali – which can get confusing! Coins do exist and are in circulation in Indonesia, but they are not commonly used. Denominations of coins are 25, 50,100, 200, 500 and 1,000.
How much cash should I carry to Bali?
For a seven-day trip to Bali, you can expect to spend a total of INR 30,000 – 35,000 per person for local transport, food & drink, and activities.
Can I use my Visa debit card in Bali?
Can Debit Cards be used in Bali? As a rule of thumb, Visa and Mastercard Debit cards are processed exactly the same as Credit Cards. However plain debit cards not linked to one of Visa or Mastercard are not accepted.
Is $100 a lot in Bali?
In Indonesia, USD $100 Can Get You: 10-15 days’ worth of three square meals from a cheap Indonesian warung, eating nasi campur (mixed rice); 5-8 days’ worth eating at Westernized or mid-range restaurants. About 60-80 beers. 1-3 one-way budget airline trips from Jakarta to Bali. 4-8 nights’ stay in a Bali budget hotel.
Is Bali expensive to visit?
Bali is already the most expensive tourist destination in Indonesia and is slowly becoming more expensive as tourists discover more of Bali, but cheap food and accommodation are still widely available if you don’t mind basic accommodations, stick to your budget, and bargain respectfully for prices.
Why is Bali so cheap?
So, why is Bali so cheap? Bali is extremely cheap because daily expenses are way lower than in other countries. Meals, hotels rooms, shopping, transport fees, and every other expense are all much cheaper. After calculations, it costs around $80 dollars per day to live a great life in Bali.
How do I wire money to Indonesia?
Send money from your bank account to another bank account in Indonesia using these steps:
- Find the wire transfer section from the website of your financial institution.
- Check any transfer limits there might be.
- Enter the recipient’s bank details.
- Enter the amount and choose the currency you want to send your money.
What can you buy with Indonesian Rupiah?
Here’s what you can get for 9,000 rupiah or around a buck:
- 1 load of laundry (about 3.5 kg)
- 1 creamy avocado shake.
- 2 km taxi ride.
- 4 liters (1 gal.) of drinking water.
- 1 pre-cut pineapple on touristy Seminyak beach, Bali.
- 1 hour of Internet access.
- 1 vegetarian meal in a typical warung.
- 2 liters of gasoline.
How much is a Coke in Bali?
Soft Drinks such as coke, sprite (Average USD 0.7-1.5 bottle ) Beer (Average USD 2-4 per bottle)
Is Bali cheaper than Thailand?
1. Re: Which is cheaper Bali or Thailand? Bali is generally cheaper for most things but Thailand overall is of a higher standard eg – Kuta/Legian etc is quite dirty and facilities etc low grade where Thailand (Phuket) is much cleaner.
How much does a meal cost in Bali?
Average Daily Costs While meal prices in Bali can vary, the average cost of food in Bali is Rp258,405 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Bali should cost around Rp103,362 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.