FAQ: How Much Alcohol Can You Take Into Bali?
- 1 How many Litres of alcohol can you take into Indonesia?
- 2 Is there a limit to alcohol in checked luggage?
- 3 Will alcohol be banned in Bali?
- 4 Is alcohol expensive in Bali?
- 5 How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
- 6 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 7 How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
- 8 How many bottles of wine can you check in your luggage?
- 9 How many bottles of alcohol can I bring on a plane?
- 10 Can I drink alcohol in Bali?
- 11 What is banned in Bali?
- 12 Do you need cash in Bali?
- 13 How much does a bottle of wine cost in Bali?
- 14 Can I buy duty free alcohol on arrival in Bali?
How many Litres of alcohol can you take into Indonesia?
CUSTOMS REGULATIONS: One litre of alcoholic beverage may be brought in per person 18 years of age or over. Personal goods up to a value of USD 250. – per passenger or USD 1,000. – per family may be brought into the country.
Is there a limit to alcohol in checked luggage?
Checked Bags: Yes Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol are limited in checked bags to 5 liters (1.3 gallons) per passenger and must be in unopened retail packaging. Alcoholic beverages with 24% alcohol or less are not subject to limitations in checked bags.
Will alcohol be banned in Bali?
Under the proposed new laws, alcohol would be banned across the country. It would mean distributing alcohol is punishable with 10 years in prison and consuming alcohol is punishable with three years in prison, according to the Post. Bali would be further decimated by the ban on alcohol.
Is alcohol expensive in Bali?
Alcohol in Bali Island is quite expensive. A small can of beer: in a store – 19,000 Rp ($1,35) in a bar or a nightclub – 25,000 Rp ($1,8)
How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
Here’s the best way to do it.
- Start with a soft layer of clothes. When you are ready to pack, gather your clothes and begin with a soft layer for the bottom of the suitcase.
- Roll your booze in bubble or foam wrap.
- Roll it up a second time.
- Nestle your bundle carefully.
- Finish with a soft layer of clothes.
How many bottles of wine can you check in your luggage?
Travelers can’t transport bottles with more than 70 percent alcohol content and can only take five liters of alcohol between 24 and 70 percent. Fortunately, wine almost always falls below 24 percent alcohol content, meaning there is no limit to the amount of alcohol allowed in checked bags.
How many bottles of alcohol can I bring on a plane?
Travelers may carry as many 3.4 ounce bottles of liquid (mini bottles of liquor are 1.7 ounces) that fit comfortably in one quart-sized, clear plastic, zip-top bag. Comfortable means that the bag will seal without busting at the seams. One bag is permitted per passenger.
Can I drink alcohol in Bali?
Currently, there are no alcohol bans being enforced in Indonesia, with the exception of Aceh. Also in 2015, the Indonesian government banned the sale of alcohol from minimarkets and small shops, with the exception of Bali province, though sale was allowed in supermarkets, restaurants, bars, clubs and hotels.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Do you need cash in Bali?
Cash is still an important form of payment in Bali. So make sure you carry enough with you to pay for your small shopping, transportation and food & drinks. The 100,000 bills are only useful if you intend to buy a high-priced item or spend a lot of money at the same place.
How much does a bottle of wine cost in Bali?
Roughly speaking, a bottle of local brand wine (Hatten, Plaga etc.) will cost around IDR 200,000 (USD $15), while imported wines are usually priced at around IDR 350,000 (USD $26) and up.
Can I buy duty free alcohol on arrival in Bali?
Is Bali Duty Free Alcohol Cheaper? Duty Free Alcohol when entering Bali or Indonesia is limited to the 1 Litre of Spirits & Liqueurs, Champagne, Sparkling, wine or other alcoholic beverages per person. If you have a 1.25L bottle you can normally get away with this as well.