FAQ: How Much Alcohol Can You Bring To Bali?
- 1 How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
- 2 Is there a limit to alcohol in checked luggage?
- 3 Can you bring wine to Indonesia?
- 4 How much are alcoholic drinks in Bali?
- 5 Can you take alcohol in your luggage to Bali?
- 6 How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
- 7 Can you sneak a carry-on to spirit?
- 8 How do you carry alcohol on a plane?
- 9 Is wine expensive in Bali?
- 10 How much cash can I bring to Bali?
- 11 What Cannot be brought into Indonesia?
- 12 How much is a Coke in Bali?
- 13 What is the best month to go to Bali?
- 14 Are drinks expensive in Bali?
How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
There’s a maximum limit of 1 litre in effect in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines. Vietnam and Singapore are slightly more generous with a 3-litre limit, while Japan has a highly precise maximum of three 760ml bottles.
Is there a limit to alcohol in checked luggage?
Checked Bags: Yes Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol are limited in checked bags to 5 liters (1.3 gallons) per passenger and must be in unopened retail packaging. Alcoholic beverages with 24% alcohol or less are not subject to limitations in checked bags.
Can you bring wine to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
How much are alcoholic drinks in Bali?
Alcohol, although cheap compared to some Western countries, could be considered a little pricey by the budget backpacker. Expect to pay around $4 USD for a large bottle of Bintang, and as much as $7 USD for a mixed drink. If you really want to get drunk on a budget, you could always try the local arak.
Can you take alcohol in your luggage to Bali?
The duty free alcohol allowance into Bali is 1 litre of alcohol per Adult. Further alcohol outside of this allowance may be confiscated by Customs.
How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
Here’s the best way to do it.
- Start with a soft layer of clothes. When you are ready to pack, gather your clothes and begin with a soft layer for the bottom of the suitcase.
- Roll your booze in bubble or foam wrap.
- Roll it up a second time.
- Nestle your bundle carefully.
- Finish with a soft layer of clothes.
Can you sneak a carry-on to spirit?
It’s an overhead bin space fee. You can still bring on a bag without charge on any Spirit flight as long as it fits under the seat in front of you.
How do you carry alcohol on a plane?
Passengers may carry upto 5 Liters of alcoholic beverages as part of their checked-in baggage, provided the following conditions are met:
- The alcoholic beverage is in retail packaging and is packed appropriately (to prevent damage / leakage).
- Alcohol content in the beverage is not more than 70%.
Is wine expensive in Bali?
Yes, imported wines are very expensive in Bali, ie a bottle that may cost us $8 or so dollars can be around $50 in Bali.
How much cash can I bring to Bali?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.
What Cannot be brought into Indonesia?
Indonesian law forbids visitors from bringing weapons, illegal drugs or pornography into the country. Penalties can be severe and include death for weapons or drugs. Alcohol in excess of 1 litre per person 18 years or over is also forbidden to be imported.
How much is a Coke in Bali?
Soft Drinks such as coke, sprite (Average USD 0.7-1.5 bottle ) Beer (Average USD 2-4 per bottle)
What is the best month to go to Bali?
The best time to visit Bali is between April and October, the island’s dry season. Bali experiences only two seasons: the rainy season and the dry season. Throughout the year, the daytime temps hover between the mid-80s and low 90s, with only the humidity and precipitation patterns changing.
Are drinks expensive in Bali?
Booze in Bali is just expensive in comparison to food really, and can depend on where you drink, and what you drink, and the exchange rate. Cocktails, generally you’re looking at £3.20 to £4.20 on average (you can buy a meal for that), although if in the swankier clubs and restaurants you’re looking at double.