FAQ: How Much Alcohol Can I Bring Into Bali?
- 1 How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
- 2 Is there a limit to alcohol in checked luggage?
- 3 Will alcohol be banned in Bali?
- 4 How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
- 5 Can you take alcohol into Bali?
- 6 How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
- 7 Can you pack a bottle of liquor in your luggage?
- 8 How many bottles of wine can you check in your luggage?
- 9 What is banned in Bali?
- 10 Do you need cash in Bali?
- 11 Is there a travel warning for Bali?
- 12 What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
- 13 How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
How many bottles of alcohol can I bring to Indonesia?
There’s a maximum limit of 1 litre in effect in Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan and the Philippines. Vietnam and Singapore are slightly more generous with a 3-litre limit, while Japan has a highly precise maximum of three 760ml bottles.
Is there a limit to alcohol in checked luggage?
Checked Bags: Yes Alcoholic beverages with more than 24% but not more than 70% alcohol are limited in checked bags to 5 liters (1.3 gallons) per passenger and must be in unopened retail packaging. Alcoholic beverages with 24% alcohol or less are not subject to limitations in checked bags.
Will alcohol be banned in Bali?
Under the proposed new laws, alcohol would be banned across the country. It would mean distributing alcohol is punishable with 10 years in prison and consuming alcohol is punishable with three years in prison, according to the Post. Bali would be further decimated by the ban on alcohol.
How many bottles of wine can I bring to Indonesia?
You can bring in one litre per adult duty free. Any amount over that is subject to tax. With wine most often sold in 750 ML bottles, this can be difficult to negotiate with customs if bringing in more than one bottle.
Can you take alcohol into Bali?
The duty free alcohol allowance into Bali is 1 litre of alcohol per Adult. Further alcohol outside of this allowance may be confiscated by Customs.
How do I pack alcohol in my checked luggage?
Here’s the best way to do it.
- Start with a soft layer of clothes. When you are ready to pack, gather your clothes and begin with a soft layer for the bottom of the suitcase.
- Roll your booze in bubble or foam wrap.
- Roll it up a second time.
- Nestle your bundle carefully.
- Finish with a soft layer of clothes.
Can you pack a bottle of liquor in your luggage?
Any amount of alcohol greater than 3.4 ounces must be packed in checked baggage. Travelers may take up to five liters of alcohol with alcohol content between 24% and 70% per person as checked luggage if it’s packaged in a sealable bottle or flask.
How many bottles of wine can you check in your luggage?
Travelers can’t transport bottles with more than 70 percent alcohol content and can only take five liters of alcohol between 24 and 70 percent. Fortunately, wine almost always falls below 24 percent alcohol content, meaning there is no limit to the amount of alcohol allowed in checked bags.
What is banned in Bali?
As we have already discussed, there are some prescription drugs that are considered illegal in Bali. Being in possession of everyday medications that you use at home can land you in a heap of trouble. Sleeping pills, Valium, Xanax, and Codeine being among them.
Do you need cash in Bali?
Cash is still an important form of payment in Bali. So make sure you carry enough with you to pay for your small shopping, transportation and food & drinks. The 100,000 bills are only useful if you intend to buy a high-priced item or spend a lot of money at the same place.
Is there a travel warning for Bali?
Do not travel to Indonesia, including Bali, due to the health risks from the COVID-19 pandemic and the significant disruptions to global travel.
What do I need to declare at Indonesia customs?
Goods Subject to Declare
- Imported goods subject to import duty, import related taxes, and excise.
- Animal, fish, and plant including their derivative products;
- Narcotics, psychotropic, drugs, fire arms, air guns, sharp weapons, ammunition, explosive material, pornographic goods/publication;
How much cash can I bring to Indonesia?
Currently, there is no ceiling on the amount of foreign bank notes that are carried into Indonesia although authorities require cash worth more than IDR 100 million (approx. USD $7,500) to be declared when arriving in Indonesia.