FAQ: Bali What To Pack?
- 1 What can I wear in Bali?
- 2 How should I prepare for Bali?
- 3 What should you not do in Bali?
- 4 Can I wear jeans in Bali?
- 5 Is there a dress code in Bali?
- 6 What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
- 7 How much cash should I bring to Bali?
- 8 Can you brush your teeth with the water in Bali?
- 9 Can I wear shorts in Bali?
- 10 Is it easy to get laid in Bali?
- 11 What is considered rude in Bali?
- 12 Can you hold hands in Bali?
- 13 What do you wear to temples in Bali?
- 14 What clothes do Indonesia wear?
What can I wear in Bali?
Pack light cotton and loose clothing; your skin will thank you.
- The ideal outfit to wear when exploring Bali is a T-shirt, shorts and sneakers.
- Pack light cotton clothes to go the beach.
- When hiking, pack warm and wet-weather clothes.
- Traditional clothes for a Hindu ceremony in Bali | © Artem Bali / Unsplash.
How should I prepare for Bali?
Bali Preparation Checklist
- Passport Acquisition or Renewal.
- Research New Visa Regulations.
- International Drivers License.
- Research Bali.
- Decide on Time of Year.
- Decide on Locations.
- Get Vaccinations.
- Find Accommodations.
What should you not do in Bali?
9 Things Not To Do In Bali
- Do Not Enter The Temples With Your Shoes On.
- Avoid Drinking Tap Water.
- Do Not Visit Temples Wearing Revealing Clothes.
- Avoid Using Your Left Hand For Giving Or Accepting Things.
- Drug Possession And Consumption Can Land You In Jail.
- Maintain Decorum During Nyepi.
- Honking Without Reason Is Prohibited.
Can I wear jeans in Bali?
Jeans: It gets very hot in Bali, the last thing you will want to wear is jeans that cling to your skin. Dark clothing: The same thing goes for dark clothing. Hot sun mixed with black shirts is no good. Drugs: Don’t ever mess with drugs especially in Indonesia.
Is there a dress code in Bali?
Dress and act modestly. The same goes with clothing: dress as modestly as possible, especially when visiting temples. When paying a visit to a Balinese temple, both men and women are expected to wear shirts that cover shoulders and part of the upper arms.
What kind of food do they eat in Bali?
10 Best Balinese Food
- Sate (satay) varieties.
- Nasi ayam and nasi campur.
- Bebek and ayam betutu.
- Babi guling.
- Tahu and tempeh.
- Jimbaran seafood.
- Pepes and tum.
- Traditional cakes and desserts.
How much cash should I bring to Bali?
For spending money we recommend bringing the following, based on your travel budget: Low-cost: IDR200,000 ($19) per person, per day if you plan to eat local and take public transport. Mid-range: IDR530,000 ($50) per person, per day if you plan to dine in restaurants and hire a car or take private transport.
Can you brush your teeth with the water in Bali?
The tap water in Bali isn’t recommended for drinking, so avoid it and stick to sealed bottled water. That includes steering clear of more than you might think, including ice in drinks, brushing your teeth with tap water, ingesting water in the shower, and food that has been washed in tap water.
Can I wear shorts in Bali?
What do Tourists Wear in Bali? Short shorts are fine on the beach but trousers or skirts that fall below the knee are ideal when traveling to small towns or non-touristy destinations.
Is it easy to get laid in Bali?
Some of the tourists from around the country who come in may be with their families and not be easy to hook up with, but they might be active on the dating site and be able to meet you during the day if they want to get laid. That wraps up our best places to meet Bali girls with a dating guide, enjoy your time here.
What is considered rude in Bali?
Don’t touch a Balinese person (or child) on their head. The head is considered a sacred part of the body. Don’t hand a Balinese person something with your left hand, it is considered rude. Don’t leave your plate completely empty when eating a meal at someone’s house.
Can you hold hands in Bali?
Compared to other Indonesian regions, Bali is relatively loose in terms of social constrictions on public displays of affection. While even holding hands is frowned upon in other towns, Balinese are used to seeing tourists hug or even kiss lightly in public.
What do you wear to temples in Bali?
Dress and Act Modestly Both men and women should wear clothes past the knee and shoulders covered. A long sarong (kain kamben ) and a temple scarf worn around the waist are mandatory temple attire. There is no need to buy a new sarong, the one you take to the beach will do.
What clothes do Indonesia wear?
Most Indonesians wear ‘western’ style clothing for everyday wear. Men wear pants and shirts, sometimes with a tie. Women generally wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Indonesian clothing is light in weight because of the hot and humid climate.